Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An easy way to learn fabric painting

When I was in my late teens I use to paint on fabric with oil paints. I chose those tube oil paints because I knew that they would not wash out of the t-shirts that I would paint. I learned how to paint seagulls and lots of ocean waves, since they were the easiest for me to paint on fabric. Then I took a long break from painting - years in fact.

When I finally wanted to get back into painting on fabric I found out I had completely forgotten how!! I looked in vain for that book that first showed me how to paint those seagulls and the waves but I could find it no where. What to do now?

I left my ambition for yet another few years and then one day I happened to be in a local store that has a small artist supplies section in the same aisle as the office supplies. There happen to be this Chinese Brush Painting Animals Kit with a panda on the front cover. I opened it and found that it was very easy to do and it looked like I could adapt it to fabric. I bought it and tried it out. The results at first were not good but then I started to get the hang of it. Here is the kit I bought:
Chinese Brush Painting Animals Kit (Walter Foster Painting Kits)
Now I can not only paint animals but flowers and bamboo. The bamboo is really easy to paint. A big plus is the price of the kit - under $20. For that price it has the brushes and paints as well as the book. A great little kit. I am glad I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment