Friday, August 13, 2010

Fabric painting - the wrong way

I found this video on YouTube and thought it made an excellent example of how not to paint on fabric. As you watch the video below take note that the artist mentions putting LOTS of paint on the design to make it more permanent. Wrong, wrong, wrong, what she will be doing is making the the artwork so stiff that it cannot be worn or even used as a pillow or anything flexible. She is also using acrylic paint which is not my number one choice of fabric paints as they will wash out. Oil based paints are best and they don't need to be applied thick.

The videos from Expert Village are known for never showing the end result, at least that is my experience so don't be disappointed with the cut off at the end.

Here is the video:

1 comment:

  1. Hello !
    Please,can you tell me , which colours are really permanent and which are oil based? I mean on manufacturer.
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete